SELF-STUDY VIDEO COURSE
Does it sound familiar to you?
- you know so many Czech words but when it comes to speaking you are not able to use them
- when someone talks to you, your reaction is so slow that in the meantime the person has already left
- you struggle to find more of the active practice without having to schedule regular lessons
- you find it hard to push yourself to study because you never know which materials to work with
- just hearing “Czech grammar” makes your hair stand on end
- your speaking contains more silence than speech
- … and you want your mouth to say words automatically without overthinking the grammar!
Improve your Czech grammar in a simple and fun way.
21 day grammar challenge = 21 happy days!
… you stop thinking about the grammar and start speaking more fluently
… everyday you just open your email and in 15 minutes learn enough to feel good for the rest of the day
… you study Czech daily without having to think about what to focus on that day
… you practise speaking the time of the day you choose
… your listening skills improve, you now recognize the words you hear easily
… you finally understand Czech grammar without being a grammar nerd
Co je tato challenge?
This is a self-study video course created by Eliška. This course will not only explain the must-know grammar but will most importantly practise with you. It is a motivating way to boost and improve your Czech.
Every day you need only 15 to 20 minutes for the topic of that day. You receive a prepared material in the form of video. Every video contains the grammar explanation in English and a simulated mini dialogues in which you are active = you need to answer, not just listen. The grammar in explained in a very simple and friendly “Eliška-way” to keep your brain interested. The sentences that are chosen for practise are the sentences you will be able to use immediately in your life.
To sum up, this challenge is:
- 21 grammar topics
- simplified grammar explained in English in “Eliška-way”
- videos with many questions giving you direction and time to answer and practise directly with the video
- worksheets to deepen your knowledge
- 15 to 20 minutes of practice with Eliška every day
- simulated mini-dialogues where you are active = you need to answer, not just listen
- sentences to be used immediately in your everyday life
- bonus: audio version so that you can practise anywhere
If will also enjoy support of slowczech private community where you ask (any) questions and connect with other slowczech learners.
Díky tomuto kurzu…
… you will bring a routine to your language learning process. Your life will become easier because you will know exactly what to do, on which day. You will not have to think about which video to watch or which podcast episode to listen.
… grammar wise, you will finally understand what the verb or noun is and how it works in Czech sentence.
… you will start enjoying learning Czech grammar because you will not learn as a passive learner. You will be active in our direct practice exercices. You will listen, repeat, answer. Out loud.
… you will gain confidence because you will have practised for 6 hours on your own. Your friends will become speechless when hearing you speaking after 3 weeks!
Jak to funguje?
This is a self-study program. You can start right away.
You will be granted access to the slowczech membership section. You can get back to this course any time you want for 12 months after purchase.
Every day contains one explanation part in English, two practise parts in Czech and one writing training to anchor and deepen your knowledge. In detail:
- video explanation of the grammar topic
- video with listening practise to get the structure under your skin
- video with speaking practise = simulated dialogues with guidance (you are active, you speak!)
- writing training = more of practice 🙂
- colorful printable PDF worksheet containing all the necessary information
You will also receive a bonus in the form of audio version of every practice video. So that you can practise on the go – whether you are driving or walking, you can still be listening and answering to the questions.
Access is granted for 12 months after the purchase. You can get back, as many times as you want.
This online course is for you if…
- You want to study Czech freely but you need some guidance.
- You enjoy learning but you prefer having something more than just lessons with your tutor.
- You feel that you need or know the rules but you lack the practice.
- You like to have a system in your learning.
- You want to see your progress with the check-list.
- Or you just would like to review the basic grammar… in a bit different and more friendly way!
You should choose a different course if…
- … you are a total beginner and know only “Dobrý den”.
- … you need real time lessons.
- … you don’t speak English because the grammar explanations are in English.
- … you don’t know where to find 15 minutes a day.
- … you don’t like watching videos when learning.
You will invest at least 15 minutes a day for 21 days.
You will need your Czech language enthousiasm.
The price of this course is 2 900 CZK.
- If you level is false beginner to intermediate level, ano, you can participate.
- If you want to review your basic grammar regardless of your level, ano, you can participate.
- If you want to practise speaking, ano, you can participate.
- If you need a little push and/or a kick 🙂 ano, you can participate.
- If you enjoy learning Czech, ano, you SHOULD participate! 🙂
- Mám rád vs. rád
- Verbs (“Rozumím” group)
- Můžu ti pomoct? (moct, nemoct)
- Personal pronouns in dative
- Verbs (“Pracuju” group)
- Chybí mi, chutná mi, vadí mi
- Verbs (“Dělám” group)
- Kdy máš čas I?
- Other modal verbs (můžu, musím, smím, umím)
- Chtít a pozvání
- Verbs (last group “Čtu”)
- Umím vs. znám vs. vím
- Second position rule
- Personal pronouns in accusative (without preposition)
- Past tense
- Jdu vs. chodím
- Líbí se mi, líbila se mi
- Kdy máš čas II?
- Personal pronouns in accusative (with preposition)
- Indicating dates
Who designed this course for you?
Eliška is Czech language tutor who has been teaching foreigners both, offline and online since 2018. Based on her own experience with learning German, she created slowczech audios in 2016 – as a hobby.
In that time she was living in France with her husband who wanted to buy a Defender. And Eliška wanted to travel. So in 2018 they decided to travel thoughout Europe. After 6 months of road tripping the decision was made. Moving to the Czech republic and starting to teach Czech for foreigners full-time.
Pretty quickly she started to focus on the concept of speaking slowly and comprehensibly in Czech which she found the most efficient. As Eliška did not feel fulfilled in language schools, she created community of slowczech to help both, students and tutors to be proud of their achievements in life.
What say participants of previous programs?
“The materials were prepared with a progression and relation between them, which makes the process easier and dynamic.”
Irene from Spain
“Doing challenge was fun and challenging 🙂 The grammar explanations were as good as always in slowczech. It gave me a deeper understanding of all the topics and how to use them in real life conversations.”
Guadaloupe from Argentina
“The videos and the PDFs were nice, not too much demanding. The PDF in addition to the video took me about 5-10 minutes per day. Eliška made the videos from her heart, which was very “feelable” and touching.
Astrid from Austria
“As you had envisioned, it kept me motivated to spend at least 20 or so minutes concentrating on Czech.”
Trenton from USA
“I really liked that in one of the days Eliška focused more on spoken language than just on the formal Czech.”
Sabina from Romania
“In the last part, I listened to the question and then spoke out loud a suitable answer. This was very useful.“
Rene from USA
Madeleine z Rakouska
“I liked lots of example sentences and reading classmates’ diary on Whatapp.”
Kanami z Japonska
“Kurz bych doporučil pro studenty češtiny, kteří ještě nevědí všechno, a pro ty, kteří potřebují zopakovat češtinu.”
Joao, z Portugalska
“My listening skills improved. I also have a better feeling for the sentence structure now.
Lukas from Germany
“Your daily comments and interactions on our WhatsApp group discussions were also very helpful and enriching.
Prostě to stoprocentně doporučuji. Stojí to za to.“
Housam from Syria